A Fire Officer I is a first-line supervisory officer who has met all the job performance and certification requirements of Fire Fighter II as defined in NFPA 1001, Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications, and Fire Instructor I as defined in NFPA 1041, Standard for Fire Service Instructor Professional Qualifications. An individual at the Fire Officer I level, as part of his or her duties and responsibilities performs the
- Uses human resources to accomplish assignments in accordance with safety plans in an efficient manner and evaluates member task performance and supervises personnel during emergency and non-emergency work periods
- Deals with inquiries from the community and projects the role of the department to the public and delivers safety, injury, and fire prevention education programs
- Performs general administrative functions and implements departmental policies and procedures at the unit/company level
- Performs a fire investigation to determine preliminary cause, secures the incident scene, and preserves evidence
- Supervises emergency operations, conducts pre-incident planning, and deploys assigned resources in accordance with the local emergency plan
- Integrates safety plans, policies, and procedures into the daily activities as well as on the emergency scene, including the donning of appropriate levels of personal protective equipment to ensure a work environment, in accordance with health and safety plans, for all assigned members.
This is a 60 hour course that will provide you with the basic fundamentals and responsibilities of being a Fire Officer. This course will provide with the foundation of becoming a Fire Officer. It will guide you through the vast areas of being an officer and the responsibilities that comes with being a Fire Officer in the Fire Service. This course follows NFPA 1021 and also covers many other NFPA Standards as well. To view the course curriculum and/or the skills that you will be tested over please click on the appropriate links below. Our course curriculum comes directly from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection and the State Fireman’s and Fire Marshal’s Association.
Registration Form for this Course
**Required Textbooks not included in price**